Numerous Innovators trying to bring their item ideas to market are entirely squashed by being rejected. So, I believed I would supply a list of several of the reasons you might have gotten rejected. It does not cover every reason you might obtain turned down, but hopefully, it will certainly offer you something to consider.
You need to understand that inventing is fundamentally a numbers video game! Yes, you still require to have a good concept but you will find that no matter just how great an idea you may believe it is you can still obtain turned down. Lots of valuable ideas are declined constantly. Even if it does not make sense to you that they would certainly turn down a concept that they concur would pay. Here are some usual reasons why even valuable ideas are denied.
1. The firm might already have a full line of products and also not wanting to include more.
2. The item is outside their target market.
3. You sent your entry to the incorrect person in the firm – do not assume they’ll immediately send it to the right one.
4. You sent the idea unwanted without getting in touch with the company first to find out their submission policy, and also they denied it entirely on that particular basis.
5. You did not have correct call information on your entry. (That is one of the highest errors Inventors make. The company will not bother to track you down.).
6. They have way too many comparable products and that market is flooded sufficiently.
7. Your concept appeals to a really little niche market and they want mass-market things.
8. The cost to manufacture versus the return on investment is too high.
9. Your sales sheet did not WOW them and did not have customer advantages details or was overloaded with too much info to sort through.
10. Your item has actually already been patented by somebody else and they don’t want to see if they can walk around it or take the chance of infringement issues.
11. Your item or idea isn’t better than what is already on the marketplace. This tells them you did not research your suggestion effectively and also do not have a hint that your competition remains in the marketplace.
12. You sent an item that is precisely like their existing product and that present product is a marginal vendor. So your own will not get on any kind of much better.
13. Your concept is obsoleted or is on the drop-off compared to what is coming out the following year.
14. They currently have a much better remedy than your own in the works for release that coming year. (This is also where Innovators might shout the business took their concept also when the business has actually already purchased mold and mildews, engineering, examples, etc prior to the Innovator contacting the business concerning their idea. This occurs a lot. Inventors forget that they are not the only ones inventing.).
15. They have already received a similar concept from another Inventor and also remain in arrangements keeping that Inventor.
16. You have published your idea unprotected online in one of those invention publishing websites where others elect on your item to see if there is passion. Your public disclosure makes the firm worried whether any type of license security would certainly be enabled as well as turns it down based on that concern.
17. You posted your unguarded idea and video of the working model on YouTube and have a substantial variety of hits. This once more elevates the issue of whether any license would be possible because of your public disclosure.
18. You mentioned that you have a released license, yet when they do a fast search on your patent they see that it has lapsed due to non-payment of charges and it has actually lapsed considerably past the due day. Making the chances of it being reinstated unlikely.
19. You have a patent, but it was badly composed and also does not cover the actual item. (This happens a great deal).
20. You have a layout license and also making around your patent is a straightforward task, which indicates they can expect really little defense in the industry.
21. Occasionally the firm you have come close to simply does not check out outdoors suggestions as well as does not publicize that. So you get a rejection letter, however it doesn’t discuss they just don’t look outside the firm.
22. You sent them your product yet they have actually already selected their line for that year or the following year and are closed to tackling anything else during that time.
23. They only take into consideration products with a sales background they can assess and also your thing has actually never ever remained in production or marketed stores or online. So they do not wish to take the threat of being the first company to market it.
More details on this page: